Our group verse is Ephesians 6:11-17 Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
Thanks for your interest in Chi Alpha! All public information regarding Chi Alpha can be found in this article. Because we are a volunteer organization that respects the privacy of its members, Chi Alpha cannot provide any more information on our organization than can be found in the public section of our website.
Chi Alpha (XA) Home School Group is a Christian, volunteer support group, consisting of heterosexual families who are seeking to educate their children according to the standards put forth by God in the Bible. Our purpose is to provide support, encouragement, and information to families who have chosen to educate their children at home. We strive to do this through sharing experiences, providing support, and offering opportunities for both social and educational activities.
Membership is limited to no more than 65 families who have at least one child age five (with a birthday by September 1st) through 12th grade. Preschool children of members are always welcome to join in any age-appropriate activity.
Below is a list of activities offered in the past by XA and the requirements for membership.
Regular Scheduled Activities:
- We meet each Friday for Park Day. We have Field Day annually for the children.
- We also have regular field trips for all age groups. These have included; Center for Puppetry Arts, Etowah Indian Mounds, Capital Day, Carter Center, Turner Field, Museum of Natural History, Vulcan Rock Quarry, The Holocaust Museum, Rambo Nursery, and the Governor's Mansion, North Georgia State Fair tour and many more.
- We have monthly clubs hosted in homes and at other venues for the children to enjoy age-appropriate clubs.
- We offer parties for some holidays including, Christmas, Valentines Day, Easter, and a big end-of-the year bash.
- We have qualified instructors that administer the Presidential Physical Fitness Test in the spring each year.
- We have a Talent Show/Fine Arts/Photography Show in conjunction with our annual Homeschool Expo.
- Each spring we have our Homeschool Expo. Each family decorates a table any way they want and displays their children's work completed for the year. We also have tables set up for Science/History projects and each participant is awarded for their efforts. We have a speaker and many awards are given out to the students for their accomplishments. This is always a great time of fellowship and spending time together as we celebrate our school year.
- We have a ministry called Community Crusaders. This is set up to allow our students, as well as the parents, to become involved in community outreach projects (e.g., local nursing home visits, spending time at Georgia Baptist Children's Home).
- We have qualified instructors that administer the ITBS Standardized Testing each spring for grades three and up.
- We offer monthly fellowships for our teens. XAT is for 9th through 12th graders. XAM is for middle schoolers in grades 6th through 8th. Many of our XAT and XAM activities are planned together.
- We publish a Chi Alpha Yearbook annually. Our middle and high schoolers have the opportunity to contribute to the yearbook.
- We meet regularly for bowling and skating at participating establishments that offer home schoolers discounted rates.
- For the moms, we meet one Tuesday evening a month in a home or at the local coffee house. We discuss upcoming events, socialize and spend some quality time together. We truly are a group of moms who want to encourage each other and share our experiences so that we can grow.
- Membership Requirements:
- We require that each family submit a signed membership form every year stating that they will abide by the rules and requirements of Chi Alpha.
- We require members to abide by the State of Georgia‚ Home Education Laws and the Georgia State Compulsory Attendance Law (applies to family‚ homeschooling children who are between six and 16 years of age). See www.ghea.org and www.hslda.org
- XA has a limited membership. We ask that each member participate in the planning of events by either being in a lead or helper position. Chi Alpha depends on its members to use the gifts that God has given each of them to minister to one another and to offer classes, clubs, field trips etc. for the enrichment of our group.
- Chi Alpha uses our website for all communication. It is imperative that you check the website at a minimum of once a week to stay informed. We also ask that you would participate in monthly moms meetings as much as possible for encouragement and fellowship.
We are seeking to offer our children as many opportunities as possible to further advance them in their educational and spiritual journey. We have been blessed with many families that have the same belief system and are working together in this sometimes difficult, yet always extremely rewarding task of raising and educating our children.
If you have these same beliefs, desires, and goals, we would love for you to join us and become a part of our group.
XA Statement of Faith
XA is a Christian, heterosexual family-centered organization dedicated to honoring God through home education. We believe:
1. There is one God, the source, support, and end of all things; eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God is perfect in love and righteous in all His ways.
2. God freely created the world by His Word and for His Glory. He made man and woman in His own image, as the crown of creation, that they might have fellowship with Him. Tempted by Satan, they rebelled against God and became separated from Him. Apart from grace, humankind is incapable of returning to God.
3. The only Mediator between God and humankind is Christ Jesus our Lord, the incarnate Word and God's eternal Son. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, and fully shared and fulfilled our humanity in a life of perfect obedience to the Father. By His sacrificial death in our place, He removed our guilt and reconciled us to God. Having redeemed us from sin, He rose bodily from the dead, victorious over death, and ascended into heaven where He now sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty. (‚in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority. Colossians 2:9-10).
4. The Bible is the only infallible, authoritative Word of God and ‚Äúall scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. II Timothy 3:16-17
5. Salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, followed by believer's baptism. We believe that salvation is received by personal faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross and by the righteousness of Christ imputed to us by the grace of God alone and received through faith alone, not by any works of righteousness. As the redeemed of God, believers are eternally secure in their relationship with God as joint heirs with Christ and accept the responsibilities and privileges inherent in that relationship (John 10:17-29).
6. God's redemptive work will be completed by the return of Christ to raise the dead, both the saved and the lost, and to establish His glorious kingdom. The lost will be separated from God's presence forever, but the righteous, in glorious bodies, will live and reign with Him forever. When Jesus Christ returns in glory to fulfill His Father's plan, He will complete the judgment and redemption of the world and bring His people into perfect fellowship with God---Father, Son and Holy Spirit--- forever.
Chi Alpha originated from a Southern Baptist church, therefore our Statement of Faith is based on the Baptist Faith and Message. To view the Baptist Faith and Message in its entirety see the Baptist Faith and Message.